On Sunday we celebrated the 60th anniversary of the dedication of our lovely church building and what a good time we had! We were blessed to have former pastor Jim Davison share wonderful memories of some of the “living stones” of First Baptist during the time he was here (1964-72) and reflections on what it means to be a living temple of God in Christ.
The choir sang the anthem used at the 1955 dedication, we sang some of the hymns, heard scriptures used in the brochure printed when they were raising funds to build this church, and heard an Anniversary Minute about the three church buildings that have housed FBC over our 175 years. The service culminated in saying a Litany of Rededication together, modified from the 1955 Litany of Dedication to more fully reflect who we are today. As usual, we had a jovial and scrumptious potluck following the service, which included a slide show of the construction, dedication and some of the early days in our building. Thanks to Chuck and Sue Dayton and all the 175th Anniversary Committee for making this such a special day!